Through a generous donation from the North Carolina Composting Council chapter, CCREF is pleased to announce a special Scholarship for undergraduate through PhD students studying at a college or university in North Carolina. The scholarship is for $4,000, and also includes an invitation to present research findings at a US Composting Council Annual Conference. This scholarship is offered every other year.
The goal of this scholarship is to bring assistance to students interested, compost research and to spark interest in future careers in the composting industry.
The research project for this scholarship must be ongoing during the term of the grant and be research in the fields of composting and compost use. More specifically, the ideal candidate will have interest in improving the compost process and the application and the utilization of finished compost to increase drought tolerance, soil nutrient content, reducing erosion and water pollution, and increasing carbon storage in soils to combat climate change.
- Completion of the online application
- Submission of research project description - Project Requirements
- One recommendation letter from a professor or supervisor involved in the student's research activities
- Research must be conducted by a student, during the term of the scholarship, at a college or university in North Carolina.
- The application must include a budget for the project
- A final report detailing the project and the results is required
Submission Opens: February 15, 2019
Application Deadline: April 12, 2019
Recipient of the scholarship will be awarded funds to support their research and education. Recipient may also be invited to attend the USCC Annual Conference to display a research poster or to make a presentation. Travel expenses to the conference would be covered for the scholarship winner.
All materials must be submitted using the online form, by April 12, 2019.
See The Projects of Past Scholarship Winners