Through a generous donation from the North Carolina Composting Council chapter, CCREF is pleased to announce a special Scholarship for undergraduate through PhD students studying at a college or university in North Carolina. The scholarship is for $2,500.
The goal of this scholarship is to bring assistance to students interested, compost research and to spark interest in future careers in the composting industry.
The research project for this scholarship must be ongoing during the term of the grant and be research in the fields of composting and compost use. More specifically, the ideal candidate will have interest in improving the compost process and the application and the utilization of finished compost to increase drought tolerance, soil nutrient content, reducing erosion and water pollution, and increasing carbon storage in soils to combat climate change.
- Completion of the application cover sheet
- Submission of research project description - Scholarships Application Requirements
- One recommendation letter from a professor or supervisor involved in the student's research activities
- Research must be conducted by a student, during the term of the scholarship, at a college or university in North Carolina.
- The application must include a budget for the project
- A final report detailing the project and the results is required
Submission Opens: Immediately
Application Deadline: August 31, 2018
Recipient of the scholarship will be awarded funds to support their research and education. Recipient may also be invited to attend the USCC 2019 or 2020 Annual Conference to display a research poster or to make a presentation. Travel expenses to the conference would be covered for the scholarship winner.
All materials must be submitted, by August 31, 2018, to email@example.com